Sheep Starter Pellet
About Sheep Starter PelletProduct Brochure
Sheep Starter Pellets are a high protein, moderate energy grain-based pellet designed primarily as an introduction for lambs prior to the finishing phase in the feedlot. Kojonup Feeds Starter Pellets contain a comprehensive macro-mineral, trace element and vitamin package to suit WA conditions. They can be fed in conjunction with a palatable roughage in the feedlot or used as a supplement in conjunction with pasture during backgrounding in the paddock. Once sheep have been introduced to grain-based rations on their path to finishing, they must have continuous access. Roughage and potable water should be continuously available. All sheep on grain-based rations should be fully immunised against clostridial diseases.
- Our standard pellet size is 6mm. We also offer 4mm and 9mm by prior arrangement.
- Contains added macro-minerals, trace elements and vitamins to meet livestock requirements in WA.
- May contain one or more of the following due to seasonal variations: oat hulls, barley, wheat, lupins, lime, salt.
- Macro-mineral, trace element and vitamin premix.
- Do NOT contain Urea.
- Do NOT contain Restricted Animal Material.
- Kojonup Feeds Sheep Starter Pellets are designed for introducing sheep or lambs to Kojonup Feeds Sheep Finisher Pellets in a feedlot. They are safe to feed straight to sheep whether in self-feeders or trail fed.
- Starter Pellets can also be used to meet more moderate levels of performance such as deferral feeding of mature sheep.
- The recommended rate of feeding will depend on the desired level of performance and the nature of any complementary feed-base.
- Provide free access to good quality drinking water at all times.
- Voluntory intake of this product will typically be 2-2.5% of liveweight.
- Store in a cool, clean and ventilated place.
- Protect from insects and vermin.
- When stored under appropriate conditions, best used within 12 months from manufacture.